Reporting a New Discovery
You are our most valuable resource. Thank you for continuing to innovate and for pursuing ways to bring your new ideas to the marketplace. Report a new discovery here on our new web-based disclosure forms. The Web Invention Disclosure Module functions best using Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Should you encounter any problems while filling out the form, please contact the Office of Technology Licensing at 352-392-8929. Click here to email OTL staff for help.
If you are providing updated information to a previously submitted disclosure, please do not open a new form. Instead, simply email the information to the licensing officer assigned to your previous disclosure.
Invention Disclosure Process
- Inventor submits invention disclosure form
- Invention disclosure reviewed by OTL
- OTL sets up a meeting with the inventor
- Invention evaluated for commercial potential by inventor and OTL
- OTL makes decision to file a patent on invention or waive rights to invention
- OTL and inventor conduct licensing research
- OTL negotiates license with outside company
- OTL completes license agreement (or waives rights to invention)
- UF follows revenue sharing guidelines
- OTL conducts ongoing license agreement evaluation